Sweet Watermelon + Mint Summer Spritzer – if you are looking for a fun, non-alcoholic alternative this summer, this light and refreshing mocktail is for you!
We have many wonderful amenities here at The Reserve. But I will have to say my absolute favorite is the pool! I will argue that it’s the most peaceful pool in town. With the amazing views, pool loungers, and beautiful clubhouse nearby it’s the perfect spot for summer. But let’s be honest… it’s hot! We want to share this delicious alcohol-free spritzer recipe for you to enjoy with friends on those hot summer days!
4 cups Watermelon – you will want to get the juiciest, most ripe one you can find so that the juice is full bodied. Use the darkest meat for your mocktail.
4–6 Mint leaves
1 Tablespoon Club Soda
1. Roughly chop up 2 -3 cups of dark watermelon meat; try to remove as many seeds as possible.
2. Add to blender along with 2-3 mint leaves.
3. Blend until fully liquid.
4. Taste and, if you want it to be sweeter, add a little bit of honey at a time until you have reached your desired sweetness.
5. optional: you can strain the watermelon at this point to ensure you just get straight juice, but you don’t have to.
6. Take cocktail glass and add 3 cubes of watermelon (about 1×1 inch) as well as several ice cubes.
7. Pour watermelon mixture over top, leaving about 1/2 inch or more at the top
8. Add a splash of club soda or other sparking water.
9. Garnish with additional mint leaves and a slice of lime.